Chilgoza is small and pleasantly delicious nut loaded with a dense nutrient profile such as mono unsaturated fatty acids, proteins and antioxidants. The wealth of nutrients in chilgoza also includes essential vitamins B1, B2, C and minerals potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and a moderate amount of iron, calcium, zinc and manganese.
Chilgoza pine is well known for its edible pine nuts, rich in carbohydrates and proteins. The seeds are locally called and marketed as “chilgoza”, “neja” (singular) or “neje” (plural). Chilgoza is one of the most important cash crops of tribal people residing in the Kinnaur tribal district and the tribal Pangi Valley of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh.
- Adequate amount of zinc improves the sperm count.
- Strengthen the immune system and aids in faster healing
- Adequate Magnesium in it adds in healthy structural development of bones.
- Best to consume by pregnant & older women who require high bone density.
- Prevent joint pains and other body aches related to old age.
- Enhance the performance of the Insulin.
- The strong antioxidant properties in chilgoza nuts are beneficial in scavenging free radical damage of cells and combat oxidative stress.
- Daily dose of chilgoza promotes healthy heart.