Shilajit is a sticky substance, blackish-brown powder or an exudate found primarily at high altitude in the rocks of the Himalayas, Karakoram, Nepal, Bhutan, Girda (Buldhana, MH, India), Russia, Iran, Mongolia and in the south of Peru, where it is called Andean Shilajit. It develops over centuries from the slow decomposition of plants.
Shilajit is commonly used in ayurvedic medicine. It’s an effective and safe supplement that can have a positive effect on overall health and well-being of human body.
1) Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive brain disorder that causes problems with memory, behavior, and thinking. Based on the molecular composition shilajit may prevent or slow the progression of Alzheimer’s.
Presence of fulvic acid in shilajit may stop the abnormal buildup of tau protein and reduce inflammation. Preventing the accumulation of tau protein can prevent brain cell damage.
2) Testosterone is a primary male sex hormone. Low testosterone may cause:
A low sex drive,
Loss of muscle,
Increased body fat.
Use of Shilajit is said to have improved the Testosterone level.
3) Since Shilajit is rich in fulvic acid, a strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, it may also protect against free radicals and cellular damage. Regular use of shilajit may contribute to longevity, a slower Aging Process, and overall better health.
4) Fulvic acid and more than 84 minerals present in Shilajit may overcome problems faced at high altitude.
5) Shilajit supplements may gradually increase iron levels in body absence of which causes Fatigue, Weakness, Cold hands and feet, Headache, Irregular heartbeat.
6) Shilajit is also a safe supplement for male infertility.
7) Shilajit as a dietary supplement may also improve heart health.